E-schooling is great. Every state has different laws regarding e-schools and not all e-schools are the same. They are public charter schools so you do not have to get special permision. They get grades from certified teachers and they could like any other education would. Since it is public school they can still get in to college and university. The only thing that is a bother right now is the military does not accept children who were e-schooled. The first e-school we tried I did not like. The lessons were planned out but I did all of the teaching and it was to much for me. Now they are in a fully electronic school. My guys are in 3rd grade. They have 3 teachers and they have online classes with teachers every day. They can have anywhere from 1-3 online classes. The lessons are already made out and all you have to do is follow them. They have assignments they must turn in too. They can print them, do them, scan them back in and turn in to drop boxes, or use screen shots. They use about 10 different teaching websites that the school pays membership to that they use for online lessons like Study Island and Envision math. Each of my children gets their own loaner computer, headset, and printer/scanner to use as long as they are enrolled. Since they have teachers do part of their work, and part of their work student driven online, that means that I only have to monitor that they do it, answer questions, and work with them one on one as needed. If I have a problem I can call the teacher or the helpdesk. If they get any bad grades (tests excluded) they can redo the assignment. They also get monitored time with other kids online. They sometimes work in small groups in the online class so students can socialize while doing work together. Soon they will be taking their state tests. The lessons and online classes have been working them towards that. I will have to take them to a special location close to home for them to take the actual test. While some e-schools are not so good, I am very happy with mine. This school is only available in our state but other states e-schools might have a set up like this.