Thread: Inexpensive treats

Inexpensive treats

I go to the Dollar General to buy my dog treats. I get the off brand names for $1 a bag. He loves them. They all kinds from the bacon strips to the Beefy Tips. The name is EverPet.

This is something to look into. Doggie treats can get really expensive. Even though I don't have a dog right now, I always give my brother's dogs treats as Christmas gift. After all, they are all part of the family.

I like baking, and I always give my friends baked goods for special occasions. For my friends with dogs, I make special treats. I found a wonderful website with all types of doggie treats. Check it out: Homemade Dog Treat Recipes You Can Make in Your Own Kitchen!

Thanks for the website. It is going to come in handy.

A lady where I work is really into cooking using organic and natural ingredients, and last year she gave me a whole bag of dog biscuits that she baked. I was really touched by that gift.

Actually, my dogs have a new treat, and they are loving them -- carrots! My vet recommended baby sliced carrots because my black lab is just a few pounds overweight. They help their teeth, too!

I never thought of vegetable for dogs. I have been reading that a lot of veterinarians are recommending them more and more. Do you feed dogs other vegetables than carrots? I have even heard that some vegetarians are turning their dogs into vegetarians too. Isn't this kind of against their natural instincts?

I would never have thought to venture out to the dollar store for pet treats. I will have to look into that as they are getting pretty pricey at the store!

I love the dollar store for so many reasons and this was just added to my list! Why pay expensive retail prices when the knock off brand is just as good (or better in some cases)!