Thread: Pot Holders

Pot Holders

I think I would like to make some crochet pot holders as Christmas gifts. Have you seen any cute ideas online? There was a special at my usual craft store for red and green yarn.

www.allfreecrochet.com has tons of crochet project for free. Check it out! You might find something good.

I have not heard of crochet pot holders. There are always tiny holes in them which would allow the heat to go through so it won't really act as an effective shield. I don't know if there are projects like this.

Tuesday, my mom has always made pot holders and they work wonderful. She makes me a few sets at year. I found this pattern in on of the websites I find for crochet patterns. It is more for decoration than for using them, but they do work.

Christmas Wreath Potholder [FP198] - $0.00 : Maggie Weldon, Free Crochet Patterns

I made some out of denim. But I still seem to need some more. I think the important part of making a pot holder is making sure that you choose the correct material for it.

If you crochet them, my suggestion is that you use 100% cotton thread/yarn. The typical yarn you find in the store is polyester, which will just melt when it comes in contact with something really hot.