I've had mostly Fords most of my life, with a couple of 1/2 ton Dodge's in the late 80's to early 90's in there also. Never owned a GM product. My current truck is an '09 F350 V10 4x4 stick shift. I drive part time for a couple of RV dealers. Both dealers use F350 Fords, and one also has two nearly new Toyota Tundra's. The Fords have all given real good service (all are V10's), with one nearing 200K miles with everything original under the hood and in the running gear. Last week I had to go just outside NYC (from northern Vt) to pick up a 30 foot 5th wheel trailer at an auction yard. They sent me down there with one of the Tundra's (first time driving one of them). When I left, I had convinced myself I wasn't going to like it, but by the time I got back to the dealership, I had changed my mind. It went real well, had plenty of power, was quiet and comfortable. The only thing I really DIDN'T like was the mirrors. They put car type mirrors on their truck, and they are pretty much worthless for backing up or towing a trailer. I'm not ready to trade in my Ford, but I was impressed with this truck...