Thread: Book Club

Book Club

Does anyone belong to a book club? I love to read but don't venture outside my usual type of books but I'm open to it, how does a book club usually run? I've have an idea but it's basically what I've seen on TV or movies. Does it depend on the facilitator or starter of the club that determines it or are they basically the same?

No, I don't and I've never been in one like you're talking about. I've heard of them, though. I think you could pretty much do what you want. Get some friends together and see what happens.

At one point, I belong to a club at a local Barnes & Nobles. However, it has been a long time since I did that. I would love to look for one again. I don't think I want to start it myself. I just want to be a guest, don't have time or energy to be a host or facilitator.

Our library did one once that I attended. We just basically read the same book and then discussed the chapter(s) from the previous meeting. It was more social than anything else.

I was a bookworm when I was in college, maybe because the internet was just starting that time so books are needed for research. Right now, I prefer watching movies and shows than reading novels. As for the book club, I have been a member of the book club in our college library and that was it.

Alisha2
    Yes, I like the book reading too. This is indeed a real fun.