Thread: What's the oldest xmas tree ornament you have on the tree?

What's the oldest xmas tree ornament you have on the tree?

Put up the xmas tree the other day, lots of ornaments. The oldest is from 1981. A hallmark I think of an Eskimo in an igloo.
    What's the oldest one that you have? Any story behind it? Do you have a favorite one?

My husband and I have only been married for 2 years, so our oldest is just 2 years old. My favorite ornament is the "Baby's First Christmas" ornament we bought last year.

We have some balls that date to the 1950's. They belonged to my wifes mother.

We don't have ones that are very old as my grandparents had a fire in the 1970's and we got rid of ours in a big move in the early 1980's but my children and I started picking out one special hallmark ornament each year since the late 1980's so those along with all that my children made are always my favorites.

We have some from the 50's as well and then representative ornaments from the years since. It's just old family stuff that we've never tossed or given away.

I actually don't have old ornaments. However, I collect nativity scenes. The oldest one I have is my first one, and it is actually missing one of the three kings. I keep it mainly for the memories and the sentimental value. It is about 17 years old.

I have a lot of ornaments with sentimental value. I have an aunt that always gives me a special ornaments depending on what is going on in my life. However, the oldest one is one that my mom made for my first Christmas. It is 40 years old.