Thread: Crock Pot

Crock Pot

I just found a $10 crock pot at Target, and finally got me one. Now, I need to find some good recipes. Please share your favorite recipes. I would like to find out about recipes that are more than just the meat and vegetable stewed.

Hello Rita... Crock pot simple.... buy U'rself a small pork loin & a med onion, a bottle of CHEAP BBQ sause & a pack of hamburger buns... Chop up onion & put loin, chopped onion & de bottle of CHEAP BBQ sause & same bottle full of water in pot & let cook for six hours or so & shread the meat & make chopped pork sandwiches ! Some people call it pulled pork but call it good! roho

Just search the internet for recipes. My wife started using a crockpot years ago because she worked during the day and didn't have time to make supper when she got home. We have at least 4 of them now of different sizes.

I love the crock pot! I put a roast in, some small red potatoes, a few carrots, a couple stalks of celery, and the lipton onion soup mix and some garlic powder and put it on low for about 6 hours. One tip my dad gave me long ago is "put all your seasoning and water together and taste it, what your water taste like is the flavor your meat will have" It is a great meal!

I did go on the internet for recipes and there are so many soups, stews, chili's, corned beef, chicken and even Osso Buco so I also would suggest that, but of course you really need to look at the recipe as some require a lot of prep and that kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me although if you like to cook then I guess you get the best of both worlds.