Thread: Stupid Unemployment!

Stupid Unemployment!

I just wish they would get it together. I have been doing what I am suppose to applying like crazy to get a job and they dilly dally around with approving my unemployment so I have been without any income for almost 2 months happy holidays to me...

What are they saying the hold up is? There must be a problem as it should never take that long and I've never heard that it has, but maybe this problem is just not being told.

It could be due to something that happened on your last job, or something your last employer reported. And of course, I'd guess it might also be that the people processing the application are snowed under with so many people unemployed right now.

There are so many requirements. There's always a long wait time, depending on where you are. If it's going beyond that, I agree that there has to be a reason and I would check into that asap.

I had been getting in for about 8 months and then an extension was up for review and it took me 3 weeks to get a hold of somebody and then another 2 weeks to get an answer. I am now to send them a application record every 2 weeks before they send out money so they can see I am looking for work and can check up on me.

May not be much of a consolation, but would it help to know that you are far from being alone? I was in the same boat this year, and where I live, they randomly call you and ask where you have searched for employment. You needed to know the name of the company, street address, company telephone number, and how did you apply for the job. Now if all that wasnt fun enough, you were also required to show up to a job service area whose job it was to scare you into taking any job that was offered to you. (Not that you needed any encouragement.) Hang in there, I’m rooting for you!

It's a sign of the times everywhere. I'll bet you're not from the UK but my daughter in law is having the same problems getting her unemployment money here. They have too many people claiming, but the government are cutting back on benefits staff so the workload is too much to handle.

Have you gotten it settled yet? I know they passed some extension a bit back (right before the holidays) and it really saved tons of people. I really don't know how the US is affording all this Unemployment. I mean some people have been getting help for over a year. I'm glad that there is help for them, but I just don't know how the Government can afford it.

It took me months to finally get through unemployment. It was so frustrating, especially since I live in a different state now. Now I am working on getting an extension and it seems like I am stuck in an endless loop.