Thread: Sell or Display

Sell or Display

What do you do with the crafts that you do? I know we can gain income from it but it is also a good display for us to use. I did cross-stitch when was a teenager and they are now displayed in my parents' house.

I usually just give it away. I hate the fact that people don't want to pay what the craft is really worth. If I make a beautiful large doily, and try to sell it people will want to pay less than $25 dollars. The thread probably will cost me 4 dollars, and it more than likely will take me more than 20 hours. I don't feel like selling something than took me 20 hours to make for $20. I rather give it to someone I know will appreciate it. I have a few pieces that I display in my house.

When ever I make anything it's usually for a purpose, whether its to give as a gift to someone or just something that I wanted or needed for myself.

Most of the craft work I do is geared toward decorating my house with. Many of my furnishings were 20 years old by the time we built our house 7 years ago, so there was a need (and so I could justify it.....!)