Thread: 21 inches of snow, -15 right now...

21 inches of snow, -15 right now...

Still in good spirits! (A little whiskey in the evening helps!)
    Major storm this weekend in MN.
    Anybody else getting hit?

Wow!

I can't live in the north anymore--I'd be swilling the whiskey down by the gallon. We're cold (for Florida, temps in the 20s overnight). Stay safe and keep up your good spirits!

We got hit Sunday with a snow and wind storm that went well into Monday..schools and roads have been shut down for 2 days. This morning it was nothing but ICE. They rather shut down roads and schools than actually put salt down because of a 'budget crunch'.

I have also gotten hit with this bad storm. I have thick layer of ice, then about 8 inches of snow and then tonight we are suppose to get another 3 to 4 inches of sleet. so ice, snow, ice combo is not going to be a fun time. I am staying in and enjoying some faithful whiskey myself!

It's been a real MN winter here, we haven't seen one in quite a while, at least ten years.
    And to top everything off, the vikings dome collapsed. I'll be watch the Vikes and the Bears play outside on Monday night on TV.
    And the best part...six inches of snow is in the forecast.

So far nothing on the MidAtlantic. It has been very cold, but fortunately no snow. I can do without it for a bit longer. I had my Christmas party this past Friday, and thanks to the lack of snow it was a total success.

I would love a white Christmas though. As long as I don't have to drive to school, I can stand it. I can imagine lots of hot cocoa and marshmallows and board games.

Wow, that is a lot of snow for so early in the season. A friend of mine got stuck in Buffalo, NY with almost 30 inches a couple of weeks ago. I am looking forward to some of the white stuff, but not that much.

I saw the reports on Buffalo, not that bad here.
    This year will break the December record for snow, somewhere around 33 inches.
    I keep thinking of those old photos where the snow is higher than the person shoveling it.