Thread: Snow sled

Snow sled

I wanna buy my 6 year old niece a snow sled for Christmas, but not a cheap plastic one. Any suggestions on one that will ride well and lasts more than one season?

You can buy her a wooden sled but it will cost you. Here's the link to one 1048 (2) 48" Flexible Flyer Wood Sleds: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at NexTag. Alternatively you can make a wooden sled and maybe it'd be a bit cheaper.

You may be better off with the plastic one for a 6 year old. I don't think they are quite as dangerous and a heck of a lot lighter. You may find that she would rather play in the snow than scoot acrossed it.

I'd have to agree, most 6 year old girls I know would want something pretty rather than practical and actually a plastic one will probably last for as long as she would need it to as she'll grow pretty quickly I assume.

You might check with L.L. Bean. I don't know specifically what they are carrying this year, but I know in years past they have carried nice sleds for the kids.

We went out sledding last year and we didn't have a lot of snow so hers didn't go down the hills vary well. I was thinking more a tubing/air filled one. She is a tomboy and rather be sledding with he rest of us than sitting or playing in the snow.

I'd get one that oversized for her something that would last a while.
    I still recall getting my first sled and that was a very long time ago.