Thread: Taxes

Taxes

Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have opened my mouth! I started doing mine online a few years ago and bragged how easy it, inexpensive, and fast money. I had mine and a friends I did that year. Last year it was up to 4 people and this year I have 6 that have asked me to do theirs!!! I wish my parents and friends had internet I would tell them to do it themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by summer View Post
    Sometimes I wish I wouldn't have opened my mouth! I started doing mine online a few years ago and bragged how easy it, inexpensive, and fast money. I had mine and a friends I did that year. Last year it was up to 4 people and this year I have 6 that have asked me to do theirs!!! I wish my parents and friends had internet I would tell them to do it themselves!
    It sounds like it's time to start some type of compensation. A favor for a favor so to speak. Your friends have some spare time that they would have spent doing taxes...put them to work or tell them youtr too busy, with chores and suggest some help might free you up enough to do the tax thing.
    If nothing else it will make them consider the computer purchase a little more.

Yeah, I hope your getting some free dinners, coffee, house cleaning or babysitting (if needed) - something for your trouble, especially if it family and close friends. I just do mine and my daughters but hers is easy.

I agree with the others. It is not that you need to charge them, but you should be getting something in return. That is the American way. :-) I know your feeling though. I am the internet researcher as well as the copy girl for most of my older friends. Sometimes it gets on my nerve, but then I remember that we should be able to help those who need it. Besides, they do give me compensation in love and prayers.

I have never been able to do my own taxes. I just have a mental block that prevents me from even trying to do it myself. I know if I had a friend I could trust to do the job, I wouldn't mind paying for it. I would rather pay a close friend than an accountant that I have no relationship with.

Wow you are better than I if I knew how to do my taxes I wouldn't be doing others. I also would not mind paying a friend to do my taxes or doing them a favor.