Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkey or Ham or ???

Turkey or Ham or ???

For us, a traditional holiday meal is a big turkey dinner. We've had ham once or twice, but it just doesn't have the spark for me. What's your holiday meal of choice?

We tend to have both turkey and ham for the holidays but I think we might have prime rib and ham since we had 2 turkeys on Thanksgiving and we're having crab for New Years. I personally would like to have roasted rack of Lamb but the majority doesn't care for it.

We usually have Ham for Christmas dinner at my parents house. We had prime rib and crab legs at my hubby's parents last year! I grew up on a pig farm so I am pretty partial to the Ham!

We usually will do some sort of beef for the main course. To me doing a turkey is too much like a repeat of Thanksgiving, and I like Christmas dinner to be distinctly different from Thanksgiving.

We always have Ham for Christmas, because we have Turkey for Thanksgiving we like to have Ham for Christmas. I will eat whatever they put on the table though!

We had a vary nontraditional dinner last night at my dads house. We had stuffing, applesauce, quartered potatoes and a pork roast. He said it was an old English tradition that his wife had growing up. It was good just different.

We are also a turkey everything family. I grew up on turkey. We do have ham for Easter sometimes or just for special meals that aren't holidays, but otherwise, we're turkeys, in a sense. <s>

We are the odd one here. We usually eat lamb on special occasions, except for thanksgiving. we are not a fan of ham so we don't eat that meat quite often.

This has been interesting, to see how all of us choose to enjoy a holiday meal. Thank you for all of the responses. I think the real point is that we all like being together for a meal with family over Christmas.

We are different. We have always had lasagna on holidays. It's not homemade, but one of those big family trays that you can buy. For years, we've gotten it at Smart & Final. It's just simpler. Sometimes we even just have pizza, but it's usually lasagna.