Thread: New Year Resolutions

New Year Resolutions

A lot of people think that New Year resolutions never mount to anything. Nonetheless, I think that it is a good thing to stop for bit on New Year's eve and see how much was accomplished and how many more you need to accomplish. What do you think about it?

I stopped making new year's resolution already because I usually end up going back to my old habits. If I wanted to change something, I make a point that I do it immediately and I won't wait for new year to change it.

I see nothing wrong with self-reflection, but I do find most people do New Year's resolutions because it's common, not because they actually want to change. This artificiality is why most fail.

I agree with with OldMcDonald most people just make resolutions because it is expected to do something like that in the New Year's. I try to change as I go along. However, I think to do the year in review for myself. I like to see where I was and how much I have accomplished during the year.

I usually use the New Year as a time to make a to do list. I will write down my goal for the up coming year and reflect on those I made last year. I am always a work in progress.

I don't make New Years Resolutions every becuase when I was younger I would always fail. I have to be a hundred percent committed to accomplish so I also opt to make them during the year when I feel a need for change.

I have a resolution to relax a little and work on my anger. I get too angry to fast at people especially my wife. So that is what I really want to work on to make our marriage and lives better!