Thread: Gas engine to oil

Gas engine to oil

I have heard that there is a kit that is being sold to change you car from a gasoline engine to one that uses vegetable oil. Have you heard of such a thing? Is this really possible? Is it cost efficient? Can anybody do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    I have heard that there is a kit that is being sold to change you car from a gasoline engine to one that uses vegetable oil. Have you heard of such a thing? Is this really possible? Is it cost efficient? Can anybody do it?
    No, No ,No, and No
    Can't imagine how that could possibly work. Although your description is rather vague. Sounds like what is occuring with diesel engines. I can't imagine how you could economically refine vegetable oil to run in a gasoline engine.

You got to start with a diesel. Diesels will burn almost anything that is flammable liquid. The trick is getting them started.

This only works with the high compression diesel engines... gasoline engines will not cut it... BUT when you add unrefined veggie oil to the special tank you have made, there is a little thing called coke. It is carbon based and almost like glass. It sticks to the top of the piston and the surface of the head. This gets thicker and eventually drives the compression up to a point that the gaskets finally go and stop the engine... I would recommend refining the cooking oil with methyl alcohol (DANGEROUS and FLAMMABLE) then water washing it to remove the alcohol. finally take the fuel and leave the water behind. Glycerin is a by-product. It makes great soap. The last time I looked you could make 400 gallons a year before the T-man comes a callin'