Thread: Homemade juices

Homemade juices

While I was rooting around in my cabinets pulling out pans for Christmas dinner, I came upon a juicer I've had awhile but haven't used much. I really should use it. Do you like to make your own juices?

I really enjoy using my juicer. I got it for my birthday last year and we made all kinds of concoctions with it. It can get pretty out of hand if you let it. Just normal apple juice doesn't compare to the apple/pear or the berry trio!!

I like to use mine occasionally. It is just so hard to clean out when I am finished. I only make a few juices (carrot, orange, and apple), but it is more inexpensive and doesn't have all the additives in them so I like it.

There's nothing like having friends over on New Year's and celebrating in front of a warm roaring fire, I hope you don't have to hard a time burning it being wet from all the snow. Have a safe New Years.

The book I have on juicing really talks up the healt benefits of beta carotenes, mostly as a preventative measure for cancer. I don't know why I haven't used it more!

I was just thinking about this today as I spend so much for fresh juice or smoothes but when we did have a juicer it was so much of a hassle with all the prep and clean up plus the fruits aren't always that cheap for the amount need for so little juice. I'm sure the juicers are much better now than when I had mine.