Thread: New Year's Eve gathering

New Year's Eve gathering

One chore I didn't get to before the snow flew was to move this big pile of scrap wood and branches from pruning. So we will kill two birds with one stone. We decided to invite all the neighbors for a bon fire party on New Year's Eve!

There's nothing like having friends over on New Year's and celebrating in front of a warm roaring fire, I hope you don't have to hard a time burning it being wet from all the snow. Have a safe New Years.

Great idea! If your wood is dry, you should have no problem. Everyone can be casual, lots of warm winter drinks, roasting marshmellows for the kids----sounds like a nice time.

I love the idea. It is different and sounds like real fun. Anyone can have a regular New Year's party. I really think it's a great idea. Let us know how it goes.

What a great idea! I wish we could do the same here, but we can't. I will be spending the evening with my hubby and children and that is enough for me. I am thankful I have them and we can spend the family quality time together.

Maybe I should do the same! That was a good idea and I may use it next year as I have a million and one projects to try to finish next season. Hope your party goes well and stay safe.

I like to use mine occasionally. It is just so hard to clean out when I am finished. I only make a few juices (carrot, orange, and apple), but it is more inexpensive and doesn't have all the additives in them so I like it.

The neighbors are pretty psyched about this. I decided to make a ring of stone around the wood pile, mostly so people don't step too close to the fire. Turns out folks are planning to bring some of their scrap wood to add to the pile!

I wish my neighbors would get excited about a bombfire too. Good luck with your party and hope you have a safe and happy new year.