Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KitchenAid attachments

KitchenAid attachments

I am so excited my parents bought me the 2 attachments for my mixer that I wanted!! I got the pasta maker and the slicer/shredder. I knew they were going to be a little pricey but they bought them anyway. Can't wait to get to use them!!

I have had my eye on the meat grinding attachment for awhile. I like to hunt deer, and have wanted to try my hand at venison sausage.

I really like the kitchen-aid we have and I didn't realize it had attachments like these. My wife will be so surprised when I get her these for her birthday in a couple months thank you!

I need to get our pasta attachment out. Homemade pasta is some effort, but very good!

I bought the meat grinder attachment for ours and a daughter gave us the ice cream maker attachment. Never tried making hoimemade pasta and don't have that attachment.

I think the pasta attachment and the ice cream maker are the only 2 I don't have! I might want to start looking at getting them as I love ice cream and I am sure home made pasta would be wonderful!

My grandma, mother, sister and wife all have a KitchenAid mixer and half the time trade attachments. They are lucky we all live within an hour of each of them so we can borrow or they can. Makes it a little easier on the pocketbook as these are expensive!

Second vote for the pasta attachment. It saves a lot of trouble.

Other than that I don't use any attachments on mine. I have never been much into meat grinding, always let the butcher take care of that.

What exactly does the pasta one do? I don't have this product, but all the attachment talk is getting me interested in it, especially the ice cream one. Can someone fill me in on the benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Classical Me View Post
    What exactly does the pasta one do? I don't have this product, but all the attachment talk is getting me interested in it, especially the ice cream one. Can someone fill me in on the benefits?
    We like pasta, but buy ours ready made, so I don't know anything at all about making pasta. The ice cream maker is a double walled metal freezer bowl with a liquid in between those walls. So you have to put it in your freezer in advance (minimum of 15 hour recommended). It comes with a dasher and drive assembly and makes a half gallon of ice cream. The manual has a number of recipes but I bought Ben & Jerry's book and use their recipes. I've made vanilla, chocolate, and my favorite, fresh peach.