Thread: Not Playful Cat

Not Playful Cat

I have had my cat since she was 6 weeks old and she is 2 years old. She has never been a playful cat nor a lap cat. She looks like a Siamese/tiger mix. Even if I wiggle my toes under a blanket or toss a 'mouse' around with a little bell she has no interest in it. Anyone else have a non playful cat?

I haven't seen a cat that's never ever been playful, but they are certainly all very different with minds of there own and only do what they want and when they want.

I've never seen a cat like that, but all cats are different. I guess it's just a personality thing. A more typical kitten will come as a shock to you after living with this one!

I had a Siamese cat that was none to friendly or playful, but I got her as a full grown cat. I have been told that this breed is in general a loner type that are no 'fun'. They are pretty though with their gray and white coat and blue eyes! Does yours have the markings of a Siamese or a Tiger?

I've seen a Siamese cat with its kittens play. The mother is playful and it plays with its kittens' tails. I think cats get their behavior from their mothers.

My sister in law has an orange tabby shorthair who has never been particularly playful---it's like it's "beneath him" or something! She bought him this toy that has a pouch for catnip. He was a different cat when he got a whiff of that.

Cats do have unique, individual personalities. Case in point is my friend's two cats. He got them as kittens at the same time from the same litter. The male is very outgoing, but the female is very shy.