Thread: Is quilting difficult?

Is quilting difficult?

I have so many left over fabric odds and ends that I'd like to somehow make use of that I am thinking about learning quilting. I have two grand daughters I'd love to make some for. It seems difficult. Is it?

I believe that quilting is very difficult but it's not impossible to learn. There are quilting classes you can take. I think it would be a lot of fun to do, if you have patience.

Nothing is difficult to the interested and willing. If your grand kids likes to do it then it would be fun for them. If they don't like it then it is very easy to say it is difficult.

I should probably sign up for a class sometme to learn the basics. That way I could really decide if it is something I want to invest the time and effort into. It will have to wait until the dog beds are sewn!

My daughter has been doing quilting since she was in high school. One of her first projects was a set of placemats for my wife as a Christmas gift. We still have them and use them.

I agree with Spartacus. If you are really interested in quilting, you will not get easily discouraged when the first attempts are not what you expect. You will be able to stick with it until you succeed. I am not really good with the sewing machine or with a sewing needle in general, so I would not even try.