Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dishwasher

Dishwasher

I hate our dishwasher. I might as well just wash them all by hand. I have to rinse them off really good and no particles can get in it or it will clog up and not drain. Yesterday I opened it up and it was still full of water. I guess it is time to buy a new one.

I just got one for Christmas although not new, new to me. My hubby found it on a site called Craigslist and got a kenmore elite for 140. It is staineless steel on the inside, black exterior and has a sprayer on the top and bottom rack.

We got so fed up with ours that it sat unused for years, we finally took it out and put in a fabricated cabinet from our local home improvement store and now have more cupboard space and older kids to wash the dishes.

We don't have dishwasher in our house because that just creates laziness. Dish washing is a good way to teach kids for helping out in the chores inside the house.

When we built our house, I did all the finish plumbing, which included installing the dishwasher. Every couple of years I have to fuss with some major-ly annoying adjustment. I'm not nice to be around at those times.....

Our house has an open floor plan to it. I love my dishwasher except for one feature---it's pretty darn loud. I wish I had done more research to find a quieter model.

We've had Gaffers & Sattler, Kenmore, GE, Maytag, and now KitchenAid. Personally, I wouldn't give a nickel for all the dishwashers on the market. I've repaired, installed, etc. but never used one, and I'm pretty sure I never will. However, my wife disagrees. So she uses it, and I'll have to admit this KitchenAid Model KUDC25CHBL1 is by far the quietest one I've ever heard and seems to do the best job. As with summer's Kenmore Elite, it's stainless steel interior, black exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I hate our dishwasher. I might as well just wash them all by hand. I have to rinse them off really good and no particles can get in it or it will clog up and not drain. Yesterday I opened it up and it was still full of water. I guess it is time to buy a new one.
    Xavier, look inside and see if you can figure out how to get into the base of your dishwasher. Remove the baskets that hold the dishes, and you should see some on the bottom.

Turn off the breaker to your washer, and remove the screws so that you can get under where the water drains. We had a similar problem a few months ago...our dishwasher has two arms that spin and shoot out water - one on top, and one on the bottom. The one on top had stopped working, and those dishes were not being cleaned well, but the ones on bottom did fine. Turns out that a few tiny chicken bones had worked their way down, causing a "clot" that was blocking enough of the water flow return that the system couldn't maintain enough pressure to get water to the top. Clot removed and its good as new.

My sister gave me her Maytag that she swore was awesome, but it never ever worked. It just sat in the kitchen for years as a table really. The best thing about it was the cutting board top it had.

Our first dishwasher in our present house was a Kenmore which worked well and worked without a hitch until the day it just plain died. We bought a Fridgidaire that also worked well and was fairly quiet. Unfortunately the plastic wash arms didn't hold up well. I swapped it for a Bosch about 6 months ago and it's great. Very quiet and very efficient, my wife loves it except for the arrangement of the silverware basket, the Fridge was a lot more user friendly