Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Country dwellings and city life

Country dwellings and city life

If you live in the country now, would you ever move away as in to city life or even what is known as suburbia? In other words, are you hooked forever on the country?

We moved from suburbia to the country going on eight years ago. Neither of us would ever go back. We plan on being creamated when we pass on so we can stay "on the farm" forever. So.... yes you could say we are hooked forever on the country. Have fun and stay safe.......

We live in an area that we're able to have the best of both worlds, we live in a rural community but the city is only 45 minutes away. So although I would never move back to the city I can hop over when ever I feel the need.

MdWest, I know what you mean. We are somewhat in that same situation. We are centralized so that we can reach almost any type of area within an hour, two even to the beach.

I lived in a few cities while in the military. The whole time I was miserable. I craved being in touch with the natural world. That's where all my interest lies.

I have done both, and for me, I like the middle ground of a small town the best. I'm a social person so I need to have people around me that I can get to know. Too many people in a big city, and not enough in the boonies for me.

We also are far enough out that we have that feeling of the country but yet can easily reach the insanity of the city when we want to. I believe that it is the best of both worlds. It's really more like rural suburbia.

I live in the country, in a rural neighborhood, I like it. I could not handle the noise and hustle and bustle of city life. I spent one night in the city, down town and I didn't sleep a wink, too noisy.

Growing up in the suburbs, I always wished for the serenity of the country life. Now that we were fortunate enough to make our dreams come true and live in the country, I truly would never dream of going back. The fresh air, peacefulness, and open space, are priceless!

Someone help me out here.
    Why is it when folks move to the country they surround their home with a privacy fence, put up security lights, and buy five or six dogs and keep them outside 24/7? Oh yeah, forgot to mention the four or five cars and pickups parked in the driveway.
    Can someone please help me understand this?
    AbO 2012