Thread: Fried Turkey

Fried Turkey

Have you ever had fried turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I made one this past Thanksgiving and I'll tell ya what, that turkey was the juiciest thing I every put in my mouth. I'll never made another oven turkey again!

This past Christmas and Thanksgiving was the first time in a few years that I did NOT fry turkeys.:laughing: It's not a bad job, but enough trouble and need enough oil that I don't like to do it unless I'm going to do 2 or 3 that day. I've done some plan, but I prefer the injectable Cajun marinades in mine.

We always do ours that way, we stumbled upon an electric deep fryer so it is done inside instead of outside because Canadian winters are cold!

I have seen this done in a TV show but it was done outside because the size of the turkey and the amount of hot oil needed was considered dangerous. As I never feed more than two people it wouldn't be appropriate for me to do it but I'd love to taste it.

I've seen the electric indoor fryers for sale in lots of stores, but have never seen one used. The one I have now, my second outdoor propane type, came from Cabella's. And yes, they are very dangerous unless you're very careful.

We had fried turkey for the first time this past Christmas. It was very good. Much better than the smoked one we had on hand. Our son brought his deep pot all the way to Missouri from Ft. Lee, Virginia, to fry one up for us to try.