Thread: Bad Winter?

Bad Winter?

I live in Southern Mississippi and since I am already at the bottom of the US, I never would have thought it would get down to 19 degrees or even lower.
    Does it seem like it is a colder winter where you live?

It does seem like it has been colder to me too. I moved this last year though and our new home doesn't have a fireplace. I miss the fireplace in the winter.

Yep, at the south edge of Denton, TX, we've had about one hour in the last 4 days when the temperature got up to 33 degrees and we still have snow on the ground and on the roofs from the snow on the 8th. I'm already tired of Winter.LOL

I went out this morning to care for the animals, it was -2 degrees. It was colder than 6 or 8 degrees it has been here in the Missouri Ozarks lately. I think is is supposed to get above freezing tomorrow, yea! I can water everything from a hose instead of breaking ice and dipping water from the drums I filled last week to prepare for the colder weather. Have fun and stay safe....

We had a very mild winter the last two years. For that reason, I don't complain about how much snow is on the ground because we can't have a nice winter every year. So far there have been 3 big snow storms, and I am sure we will have a few others before everything is said and done. What surprise me today was the news that there is snow on the ground on 49 of the 50 states.

Thank goodness I live in Florida, the one state without snow! We've definitely had more freezes than usual already; I moved down here to get away from real winters and am looking forward to spring.

I actually think we are having a pretty mild winter where I live. The temperatures have stayed above freezing so far and we did not get our first real snow until well into December. We even had a couple days in late December that were in the high 50's.

I agree, Belle. I'm in northern Alabama and it's been colder and more snowier this year than it's been in many years past. I can't ever remember it being this cold for so long. It might get cold one day but the next day, it's warming back up. We're expecting yet another snowfall (albeit light) tonight. This is probably our fourth or fifth of the season.