Thread: Fund Raisers

Fund Raisers

I am part of the Parents Association. I am tired of the same fund raisers every year. There is just so much chocolate we can consume in our house. Could you guys share what fund raisers you do in your schools?

We got the children to draw self-portraits and just write thier first name and age underneath ( I think they had a 4" x 4" frame) - they drew in pencil. The portraits were grouped by class (could be the whole school if it's a small school) and printed onto tea-towels !

The printers strengthened the children's pencil lines - but made no other changes.

They sold very well as you can imagine. I still have mine - and my daughter is now 26, she was 9 years old when the tea towels were made.

Bumpkin, that sounds absolutely precious. My girls have sold knives from a company I can't think of the name right now but I know they have a website. They did this once for school and once for church. They did really good from what I understand they beat their goal.

The self portraits sound like a great idea. I am definitely going to suggest it. They are now talking about selling frozen pizzas and frozen cookie dough. My niece who is from another state just did Entertainment books. I am adding that to my list to suggestions also.

We do wrapping paper, cookie dough, magazines and the school has "Tucan (Two Can) Tuesdays" where each child brings in recyclable cans. They all seem to work pretty well. I definitely agree about the chocolate. It is also getting difficult to sell $12 boxes of chocolate to friends and family and not feel bad about it.

We just started doing the Box Tops, but people are not that into it. I love cutting all those stamps it really makes me feel like I am doing something good with garbage. I finally convinced them to try collecting the Capri Sun pouches. They are giving two cents per pouch. We have more than 500 kids in the school, and they really love those Capri Sun. I am very excited about all the new fundraiser ideas I have been finding.