Thread: Feeding Gluten-free, no dairy guests - Help!

Feeding Gluten-free, no dairy guests - Help!

I have some guests staying for a week next month. Since they last visited they have changed their lifestyle quite radically. They no longer drink alcohol and they go to bed at 9pm everynight. Those changes I can cope with.

However,, they now have a gluten and dairy free diet - and they eat their main meal at breakfast time and their breakfast at supper time

Any useful recipes please ?

I've a feeling that I shall need their quota of alcohol ! But I am looking forward to seeing my friends....

Here are some recipe ideas: Go Dairy Free - Recipes. Each recipe will say what it doesn't include, so look for the gluten-free ones. Make sure you really read the labels because milk and gluten can be in everything. Here's a link for reading labels: http://www.foodallergy.org/files/med...Lsheet2010.pdf.

Hey Old McDonald - two very useful links, thank you so much. Some of the recipes sound just great - I might even plan a gluten-free week myself. I shall definitely shop before they arrive - then take them to the Bio co-op just in case I've missed anything out.

In most stores they have a "gluten free" place that has pasta and the like as well as bread and other necessities for both gluten free and dairy free lifestyles, they may also have recipes on hand as well.

It was no problem Bumpkin. I had to cut dairy and soy out of my diet for several months last year (I'm nursing my daughter and she reacted), so I learned a lot about special diet resources.