Thread: Fresh Orange Juice

Fresh Orange Juice

I had to pick my oranges before the freezes hit, so I had tons of them on hand and made fresh orange juice. Oh, it is so good! You don't even need to add sugar. If you haven't had fresh OJ, I highly recommend it.

Yep, fresh OJ just can't be beat, but of course it's a bit expensive and time consuming to squeeze your own, so I do what I consider next best. I buy the Tropicana orange juice NOT FROM CONCENTRATE and I prefer the one with Lots of Pulp. Not quite as good as fresh squeezed, but pretty good, and I like to mix a little pineapple juice with the Tropicana.

I love to make fresh juice!! Unfortunately, I do not live in the south and have my own trees so it costs a little more, but it is so worth it!!! I also don't hand squeeze I have a juicer for that.

Your right there isn't anything better when it comes to orange juice. I am in the south but not far enough to grow oranges. I wish they would grow here. Gotta have the OJ with pulp atleast to make it feel like fresh squeezed.

OldMcDonald, did you freeze the excess? Since you said to have tons of it, I wondered if you ever freeze some of it. Have you ever made any marmalade? I wish I had citrus more readily available in my area. We can find it, but it is kind of expensive.

I love to make fresh juice!! Unfortunately, I do not live in the south and have my own trees so it costs a little more, but it is so worth it!!! I also don't hand squeeze I have a juicer for that.

bookkeeping services

It's like everything else, if you've grown it yourself it tastes better! I make my own but have to buy the oranges but when we were in Portugal we got freshly picked and squeezed juice which was so tasty and sweet.

Well I had tons of oranges but since each orange only made about 2 fluid ounces of juice, I used them all to make the juice, which is already gone! I've never needed to freeze any.