Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meatloaf Topping

beenfive
    I don't use anything, just let everyone put their ketchup or whatever on at the table, but you can use a can of either tomato soup or try a can of vegetarian vegetable (alphabet soup). then bake for about 10 or 15 minutes.

I take a can of diced tomatoes and mix in 1Tb of syrup. Then top the meatloaf with it. It's the way my mom did it, and the way my house prefers it. So good!

My topping uses ketchup or tomato paste with fresh garlic, finely diced onion, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. I put a little on top in the beginning and I let the meatloaf bake a bit and add the sauce in small spoonfuls until the last half hour or so then smother it.

I guess I am the odd one here because I like to top my meatloaf with onions and green peppers and make a brown gravy with the pan drippings. Those onions and peppers smell oh so good!!

ShirleyJean

Quote Originally Posted by ShirleyJean View Post
    I guess I am the odd one here because I like to top my meatloaf with onions and green peppers and make a brown gravy with the pan drippings. Those onions and peppers smell oh so good!!

ShirleyJean
    That doesn't sound odd at all; sounds very tasty.