Thread: Picnic

Hybrid View

Picnic

Last night my family and I had a picnic! I haven't done that for ages. We went to a local park, spread out a blanket, and had dinner near the lake. It was fantastic.

That sounds like a really nice time. I am not able to do that as their is snow on the ground here. Enjoy days like those!

When I was in the service (USAF SAC) at Minot, ND we used to go to the public park for a picnic with over a foot of snow. Fire up the provided charcoal grill to cook and keep our hands from going too numb to eat. Yeah, it was just for weird kicks. Not much competition for good locations either.

Of course any time it got above freezing after a long siege of below zero temps anyone with a convertible would load it full of friends and go drive around with the top down.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

We do that, or a variation of that, lots of times during the spring and summer. Usually, we'll go get a bucket of chicken and then go to the lake or the park and have lunch on the picnic tables. Right now, it's still a bit too chilly to do that, but it won't be long!