Thread: Missed Days

Missed Days

I have received letters from the school that my children have missed to many days to receive credit for their classes that they are taking. I found out today that it is because they haven't been turning in their doctor excuses. I am not sure if it is the same everywhere but what is the limit of days a child can miss where you live?

If I am not mistaken it is ten in a semester here in our school district. What are you going to do about this? Are your children just going to be held back or can you get copies from doctors and such to fix it?

My girls go to a Charter school and they are very strict with the attendance. However, since they don't do the social promotion, the most important part is that they pass all the tests. Of course, if kids don't go to school they fall behind.

Your absolutely right that they fall behind. One of my girls has had a condition called Pseudo Tumor Cerebri and has to see doctors to keep it under control and the other got braces about two years ago and hopefully will finally be getting them removed. She has to see her orthodontist once a month. This year has been a rough one on all of us.

Bless all of your hearts! It sounds like it has been a hard year on all of you. Is there a chance that you can go to the school board and get this fixed? I truly wish you luck with this.

A strong parent advocate does wonders on behalf of a student. Keep it up!