Thread: Garage

Garage

Does your home have a garage? Do you park your car in the garage? I've seen so many people who fill their garage with lawn mowers, grills, tools and junk, that there is no room for the car. That's the whole idea of a garage, is to store your car and keep it out of the elements. I don't have a garage but if I did, my car would be parked in it.

I would venture a guess that over 90% of the people in this area, including my two daughters and their husbands, park their cars in the driveway because their attached "2 car" garages are too full of other stuff. We have a sedan (Ford Crown Victoria) and a compact pickup (Ford Ranger) and both are parked inside the garage, but if you look up and down our street, I only know of one other house on this street at which they sometimes park one of two vehicles in the garage. Of course, we have a very small house, but also have an 8' x 12' storage building in the backyard that houses all the lawn equipment and outdoor tools plus we have a 21' x 25' shop which serves as both a workshop and game room, or as the sign over the back door, provided by my grandson, says "GRANDADDY'S HIDE-A-WAY".:laughing: Having the vehicles parked inside the garage simply means no ice to scrape off windshields, no getting in and out of them in the rain, not nearly as hot inside during the summer, or as cold during the winter when we get in them, no hail damage when we're home, etc. Yep, I much prefer having them parked inside. Now if my wife just hadn't come in and knocked that hole in the drywall with the car two days ago . . . .

garage no but I do have barns and a shop

We have "all things automotive" in our garage and that's all. We also have a combination wood shed/tool shed. A place for everything and everything in its place.

I absolutely use the garage to park my car. I never had a garage before living in this house and I love it. I love not having to go outside in the rain to get in the car. I love that the car is warmer in the winter then if it's parked outside.

What I like best about parking in the garage is safety. My husband has to go out of town for work on a regular basis. When he is gone, I feel a lot safer getting in and out of the car in the dark when I park in the garage.

We have a 2 car garage that we mostly use for storage since we have a very small house and lack a shed. Our cars stay in the driveway year round but it doesn't get that cold here so I don't worry about it.

We have a garage and no I don't park in it. I wish I did but it's so full of other things that my car would not fit. I think that is the main reason that we are building a second "workshop" garage this spring. I will be able to park in the current one and the junk can go in the other one.

Yes I have a garage - fortunately it is a very long one and I have a good 12 square meters of storage space for bikes, tools etc and room to park my car. As I live in a forest I park my car every night to protect it from bird droppings.