Thread: I learned how to make mittens!

I learned how to make mittens!

For Christmas I decided to try my hands at homemade mittens and they came out great. The kids loved them and they are so warm. Now I don't want to stop. They are a lot easier than I expected so I am making a pair for myself now. Anyone else like making mittens or have an interesting pattern for crochet?

Good for you! That is awesome. I know a little about crocheting but not enough to make mittens. I can only go in straight lines, haha.

I have never been one for making clothing. However, sounds like an interesting project. Where did you get the pattern for the mittens? Where they easy to make?

This takes me back to my school days when we were required to knit mittens as a school project. I didn't like knitting so I asked my mother to do it for me!

I have never made mittens, but would love to learn how!! I am just starting to learn how to knit and going to make fingerless gloves in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to make things by hand it is a great feeling!

Oh how fun! I have never made any, mostly because it seemed more complex than what I thought I could do. Interesting that you thought they were easy. I'd love to make mittens!

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl View Post
    For Christmas I decided to try my hands at homemade mittens and they came out great. The kids loved them and they are so warm. Now I don't want to stop. They are a lot easier than I expected so I am making a pair for myself now. Anyone else like making mittens or have an interesting pattern for crochet?
    I make mittens every year. For a few reasons. I enjoy making them, there's a wide variety of choice with yarn types, colours and patterns, and the possibilities are ENDLESS!
    That, and two growing boys keep me pretty busy between knitting socks and mitts, never mind wanting a new hat and 6 foot scarf every year.