Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving Money

Saving Money

Does anyone try to save money on a regular basis? Did you know that if you save just $20 a week, at the end of the year, you'll have $1040. That's a nice chunk of change. I try to save at least, $20 a week, but when I can, I'll put back even more than that. There's nothing wrong with putting back cash.

Honestly, most of the time I do not have an extra $20 a week after I pay all the bills, put gas in the car and groceries on the table. Some weeks I am lucky if I have $1 let alone $20.

I do try to at least save forty dollars a month. I think that any type of saving is a good thing. I know that with things being so tight now a day this become quite difficult. However, if we are honest with ourselves we can save a few dollars a day. Just hold back on that coffee that costs more than $2 at Dunkin donuts or almost $4 at Starbucks. A lot of people want to save money, but they smoke without stop and that takes a lot of money. We just need to let go of at least one little luxury a day and there is a one dollar save, and by the end of the week you have saved $7.

We have a regular amount of a couple of hundred pounds going into our savings each month but I will admit to having raided the savings recently in order to pay for heating oil and boiler repairs!

I also save in a monthly basis. I separate the payment for bills. I consider my savings as a bill so I force myself to put money in my savings account. If I failed to save for the previous month then I have to double the savings, like with any monthly bills. I only save $50 a month so it is not that hard for me.

I do try to at least save forty dollars a month. I think that any type of saving is a good thing. I know that with things being so tight now a day this become quite difficult. However, if we are honest with ourselves we can save a few dollars a day.
    website promotion

Yes, definitely. Once the debt was eliminated from life, saving became a regular thing. No matter what, savings are added to monthly, and it is really a good feeling.

I really like saving, but have gotten away from it. I am trying to get back on the frugal bandwagon now. I try to remind myself how good it feels to see that pile of savings grow. It's definitely better then the few minutes of "retail therapy" I get from spending a few bucks on a little something new from Target. Plus, the less I buy, the less clutter I have to get rid of later, right?

rnkt53
    I consider my savings as a bill so I force myself to put money in my savings account.

As is the same for many, saving has gotten to be a tough thing to do especially this year. So saving has become interesting to say the least. I cut coupons, shop the sales, and save up for next Christmas by collecting up all the loose change. Come October, you can see what your budget is to spend for Christmas.