Thread: Small first garden

Small first garden

I'm planning to create my first garden this year. However, as much as I would love to--I'm afraid that I have a black thumb when it comes to plants. Does anyone have suggestions for low maintenance gardens? We have a lot of room to plant things, but I really want to start off small or with an indoor garden. Thoughts?

We did our first garden a few years ago, and I was really intimidated! But we just decided to jump in.

We built a raised garden bed, just a frame with plastic sheeting stapled on the bottom and filled with soil. With a raised bed, you don't have to worry about weeding, and you know they soil is good.

My dh and ds went crazy planting all sorts of things...way too much for a little 4X6 bed. But we had amazing results! Of course, not everything worked out, but it was enough to get us hooked.

I think the most important part of a new garden is to read the directions on all the plants. Some need full sun and some part shade. Be sure that you plant the seeds the correct distance apart from each other too. You also need to make sure that you water the garden often so that the seeds and plants are staying wet.

Hi guys today i want to share that gardening is my hobby and i also have a garden in my home its small but beautiful i visit it in the morning and evening both time for getting some rest and and fell fresh i also make a fence around it which secure it from animals and other criminal activities....