Thread: Pot Luck Events

Pot Luck Events

With the warmer weather right around the corner, it will be time once again to gather with family and friends and enjoy the outdoors. Along with these get togethers will come the Pot Luck Dinners. The only problem is that you just can稚 keep the cooked food hot, and refrigerated food cold enough. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to bring to these events?

beenfive
    Uh huh. But usually it's the one that has the most in the dish because no one wants to touch it again, so that's clue enough they shouldn't keep making it year after year, especially if it's not in high demand as the others.

I usually take a pasta salad with an oil-based dressing. That way it can withstand some time at room temperature without a big worry that it will go bad. Plus, pasta with Italian dressing is a pretty universally liked dish. I generally add some cut up cherry tomatoes. Easy and a safe choice.

The important thing is say that everything is wonderful. This is especially important at large events where you don't know who brought what dish.

If you bring a bucket of KFC, people may turn up their noses at you, but 99% of the time you will leave with an empty bucket.

Chips and dips or cut up veggies are 2 of my favorite finger foods to take to pot luck dinners. Everyone loves them and they usually get eaten right up. I bought a pampered chef bowl that you put in the freezer and then take out and fill. It keeps the food in it really cool.