Thread: Kidding Season

Kidding Season

The kidding season is coming to an end. 13 does have delivered 25 healthy kids and two does seem to be waiting for warmer weather.
    So far, only one bottle baby. The little girl had a problem sucking and swallowing the night she was born, could have been the 13 degree temperature. We brought her to the house to keep her from freezing and next morning she took to a bottle just like a pro. Back to her mama and mama would have nothing to do with her. We tried every trick in the book for two days, but that mama has her mind made up. So, one bottle baby.
    We have a mixture of first-timers and old-timers, meaning does with and without kidding experience. The birthweights of the offspring run from 5.6 pounds to 10.4 pounds. Two single births, ten sets of twins and one set of triplets.
    Lots of work this time of year, but the reward is worth it. See for yourself.
    AbO 2012

Aren't they darling! And a set of triplets...fun. I love the two with the brown on their heads. Congratulations on your new additions.

Out of curiosity, do you milk your mama goats?

[QUOTE=linny;275154]Aren't they darling! And a set of triplets...fun. I love the two with the brown on their heads. Congratulations on your new additions.

Out of curiosity, do you milk your mama goats?[/QUOTE]

No, they are meat goats, Boers.
    AbO 2012

These are gorgeous! I love baby animals, especially kids. My friends used to keep goats too and they wouldn't name the ones that were going off to be butchered!