Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Commonly Used Flavored Spice

Most Commonly Used Flavored Spice

I'm just curious what people use the most frequently, a spice that is common place and which really flavors up your food. What spice gets your vote?

My favorites are onion and garlic powder and parsley, they get used most in my house. I cannot cook a meal without spices, it just doesn't taste right.

Garlic powder is definitely the most used flavored spice in my household. I love garlic (it keeps away the vampires). I use it in almost everything. Next in line would be onion powder or pepper.

I mixed up a combination of onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. I use it in everything in the place of salt, it adds great flavor.

Garlic and pepper powder is the most used spices in our home. We also love placing chili on soups to make it more appetizing.

I guess salt is the most used seasoning in the entire Earth as everyone uses it.

We try to avoid salt as much as possible because most of our family have hypertension problems. I like to find alternative ways to season things.

Garlic salt and lemon pepper seasoning are the 2 that get used the most here at my house. Both of these really add a lot of flavor to everything. We also use hot sauce for a lot of food - that really spices things up!

I have to admit that I love garlic as well. It just has a wonderful flavor to it. I wasn't that big on it as a child, but as an adult, I use some type of garlic in many foods.

Do I have to pick just one? I love to use basil. My second most favorite is garlic. I also like to use chunky chopped up red pepper from my spice rack to give my recipes an extra kick.
    Nothing like good old fashioned home cookin .....

Add me to the garlic camp! Love it! And it is so good for you, too.

I think the second most used seasoning around here would be oregano. Good for Italian or Mexican cooking, perfect to sprinkle on garlic bread. Though during the summer, we eat a ton of basil from our garden.