Thread: Easter Crafts

Easter Crafts

I would like to do some easter crafts, I have young children, so activities geared towards them would be appreciated. My kids are 7, 5, 3 and 2. I have some egg dye kits, but would like something else.

I did this Easter Story Cookies last year and they were a hit. You need to prepare them the night before Easter. I know this is a little much for the younger ones but since I think it will be nice for the 7 and 5 year old. Even the little ones can participate and you just have to read the bible and explain in their terms. I had lost the paper I had it written down, but was lucky to find it on allrecipes.com

• 1 cup pecan halves
    • 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
    • 3 egg whites
    • 1 pinch salt
    • 1 cup white sugar

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
    2. Place pecans in a resealable plastic baggie. Crush the pecans into small bits. Read John 19:1-3
    3. Put 1 teaspoon vinegar into a medium bowl. Read John 19:28-30
    4. Add egg whites to the vinegar. Read John 10:10-11
    5. Sprinkle salt into the egg whites. Read Luke 23:27
    6. So far, the mixture isn't very appetizing. Add 1cup sugar. Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16. Beat with mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed. Read Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3.
    7. Fold in broken nuts. Drop by teaspoons onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Read Matthew 27:57-60.
    8. Place cookies in the oven close the door and turn the oven off. Read Matthew 27:65-66.
    9. Go to bed. Read John 16:20 and 22.
    10. In the morning open the oven and take out the cookies. Read Matthew 28:1-9.

You could make wooden spoon puppets of bunnies and chicks - or smaller puppets out of lollipop sticks. Or what about making bunny and chick masks out of paper plates ? These activities are two-fold : first there's the making of the puppets and masks and later the children can use what they have made to make up stories.

What great ideas! The Easter Story Cookies sound amazing. Can easily see that becoming a family tradition. Had seen in a craft magazine where you cut out ducks or bunny figures out of felt. Sew the pieces together then stuff. Then you go against the grain of the fabric felt to make them fluffy. They were really cute to put on the table, and imagine the beaming smile when the kids proudly announce, We made them ourselves!