Thread: Spiders already!

Spiders already!

I was surprised to find a large spider in a little used cupboard today as the weather is still cold and wet. What on earth do they live on indoors anyway? Do you suppose he has been there all Winter or is this the first of a new batch?

I don't know but I'd be on the look out from now on. I don't know the lifespan of a spider, either. All I know is I want them to stay completely out of sight. Hide or whatever, just don't let me see them.

Eeek... I hate spiders! I have not seen any in the house yet. I have seen a ton of ants and we don't know why. I bet the ants and spiders are coming in for the same reason, perhaps it is because it's getting warmer out?

I am not fond of spiders, either. I'd rather not see them at all. My cat finds them and just stares at them as if she were some kind of watch-cat. She literally points at them. I've never thought about when spiders usually hatch. My guess would be sometime around spring...

Cypermethrin is available via internet shopping and kills spiders and scorpions on contact. I use a wetable power form and spray indoors and out. Indoors you spray along baseboards, under sinks and places the critters can hide. Outdoors I spray at the base of the outside walls. Cypermethrin is a cousin to Permethrin and both are kid and pet safe after the application dries. This will also kill ants, roaches, silverfish, and on and on and on.

We had a bad spider and scorpion problem in our house and now only find dead ones or sick and dying ones.

Scorpions eat spiders but I wouldn't raise scorpions to control spiders. If you find big fat spiders it is a sure thing they are getting plenty to eat. Spray with Cypermethrin and you will eliminate all the little bugs the spiders feed on and SHAZAM, no spiders.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Why kill spiders ? Do they do any harm ? Where I live there are no harmful spiders so I'm happy to let them have their space around here. For ants I draw a thick chalk line along my doorstep and around each window - they won't cross that for some reason - (make sure not to leave any small gap in your line or they will troop through the gap one-by-one).

A watch cat? Now that is funny! My cat eats anything that moves (besides our other cat, dog or people). It is hysterical seeing the cats find bugs, chase them and then eat them. I don't need any spider spray - I have the cats.