Thread: News about corn?

News about corn?

Have you all read and heard about the corn, the shortages they are expecting, the risr in all the prices, including things like fast food and such. Apparently they cannot meet the demand so since supply is down, and demand is up, the prices go up, apparently China is buying most of it.

I think it's only going to get worse. Since the government is now supporting the development and push of corn-based fuels for cars, the supply is going to just keep growing. That move seems like such a huge mistake to me.

I have heard only that prices are on the rise big time. I don't know anything about the specifics, though. This country is still in dire straights. I wish the government would deal with it.

It's strange but it's happening here in Europe too. It's having a knock-on effect because of course corn is needed for lots of thing including food for chickens and other animals.

It seems like everything made with corn is costing more. Cornflakes, cornmeal, popcorn, fresh corn, and canned corn. I can't believe how much the prices for corn products has risen in the last year. And I believe the worst is yet to come. JMHO

ShirleyJean

Quote Originally Posted by linny View Post
    Since the government is now supporting the development and push of corn-based fuels for cars, the supply is going to just keep growing. That move seems like such a huge mistake to me.
    Yeah I think that's a mistake. They shouldn't use crops for food to produce bio-fuels. I think there are many sources of bio-fuels other than crops, like algae or seaweed.

Alisha2
    yes, I do agree that we should stop using the crops for making fuel, as the crops are already Sold for very high prices.