Thread: Itching to plant

Itching to plant

I am itching to plant. I am so tired of Winter. What plants come up first in your garden? In mine are the daffodils and crocuses, then Hyacinths and Tulips.

I like to plant vegetables than flowering plants so I would plant some cabbages and tomatoes as soon as I can. My mom loves flowers so she's the one who plants them. She doesn't need to wait for spring because the plants are on pots and she would transfer them inside the house when it is already cold outside.

I would grow things all winter if I had the space, but since I do not, I will have to contend with the growing season instead and take lots of pictures to get me through the winter season.

We have a nice assortment of wildflowers that show up first. We have lots of deer in our area so I'm limited on spring flowers that they won't devour. Forget Me Not is one they don't like and it blooms a long time.

Our snowdrops are showing and all the roses and trees are putting out green shoots. I have also noticed cowslips and primroses in our garden and my neighbour has a lot of pansies.