Thread: Exotic Pets

Exotic Pets

What exotic pets do you have or would like to have? I want a chameleon because I like it to feed on the insects that fly inside my room at night.

That's a great way to control flies and insects but wouldn't you have to allow it to roam free? I like snakes but they are too difficult to look after and should be left in the wild.

We don't have any at the moment, but I've had an itch for a beautiful hyacinth macaw. They are so majestic as well as being extremely smart. They require a lot of attention, though, but I think they'd be great to have around.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppercorn View Post
    That's a great way to control flies and insects but wouldn't you have to allow it to roam free? I like snakes but they are too difficult to look after and should be left in the wild.
    I've heard that snakes make a great pet because they are gentle. But I can't get comfortable with snakes because of experiences in the past. Besides, they eat live rats and I pity the rats that will be fed to the snake.

I would love to get a sugar glider. I've done so much research on them, they're basically like flying squirrels. They are incredible little creatures.