Thread: What herbs?

What herbs?

What herbs do you like to plant in your garden?

I usually plant basil, oregano, and chives. I also like to grow calendula.

I'd love to plant garlic sometime.

I did have rosemary, basil and thyme but they became very straggly so now I have loads of mint and loads of lemon balm! These last two grow without any intervention from me.:laughing:

I am afraid that growing things is not one of my better talents. I would love to be able to grow garlic but I've never really researched it or made any kind of attempt to do so.

I have gardens everywhere. This spring I want to re-organize things so I have all my herbs together and labelled and then my perennials together, etc. I have my herbs mingled in with other things.

Peppercorn, I used to grow lemonbalm. Did you know that it is great for upset stomachs and other stomach ailments? I also used to put it in with the teabags when I brewed my husband iced tea. He said it was delicious.

That mint will take over your garden, won't it? Stuff grows like gangbusters.

Right now I have parsley and rosemary. Neither one seem to be coming up well though. This is my first season trying herbs. I thought they would be simple, but I may be doing something wrong.

My mint is mostly controlled, it is planted with my raspberries, they seem to keep it under control. Alternatively, planting it in a pot without a bottom works well too.

I have planted turmuric , garlic , ginger. I love to plant the herb which help us a lot for curing some illness. I have also planted Azadirachta indica.

I have basil, oregano, mint (contained !), rosemary, coriander and sorrel always and from time to time I experiment - this year I'm trying camomile, verbena and agrimony.

I don't have a big garden any more, but the one thing that I love to have on my windowsill is Oregano. Oregano is not only flavorful, but it is also the best as a medicinal plant. In our family, we use oregano oil (oregano extract). It is great against viruses and bacterias.