Thread: Carpet versus carpet tiles

Carpet versus carpet tiles

I was amazed at the difference in price! My sister priced carpeting her hall and it came to almost ï½£300, but when we priced carpet tiles for the same area it came to less than ï½£100! I can't understand the difference in price.

Wow, I've never even heard of carpet tiles. So it's carpet but you lay it by the tile? Sounds like it would be easier to do and better too. If you spilled something on the carpet you could replace the tile (instead of the entire carpet). I wonder why I have never seen these before.

I have heard of tiles that are designed that you can lay down to cover a bare floor but I have not heard of a carpet tile which I assume would have the same kind of carpet texture as a typical carpet. Is that correct?

I used self adhesive carpet tiles to cover the floor in our laundry room. There are so many corners that it was much easier than trying to cut one solid piece to fit. I did this on the recommendation of the carpet guy who did the rest of the house.

I bought them online from rugsusa.com. Shaw brand Berber available in a variety of colors. They wear like iron and the longer they're down, the tighter they stick. I used the 12" X 12" style. All you need is a pair of good scissors and a tape measure.

Wow carpet tiles sounds like a nice idea