Thread: Picking up sticks

Picking up sticks

:confused2: I hate picking up sticks! I hate it when the snow melts and you can see the sticks that dropped off the trees and the dog poop all over the ground! I love spring and I can't wait for it to get here, but that also means spring cleanup!

Can totally relate! Although we did not get the snow, we have had a fair amount of rain. The branches are everywhere. Now you can take a look outside and really evaluate what has to be done... sigh.... I think it will take me until next year to get it all done! Honestly not complaining, will be happy for the warmer weather and the chance to get outside, even if it is to do yard work.

I hate cleaning dog poop more than I hate picking up sticks. I wouldn't complain either. I can't wait to get outside doing the yard work and get sweaty.

I'm complaining because my back is complaining! I picked up a ton of branches yesterday (wasn't too hot outside so thought it was the perfect time). I also can't believe how much dog poop there is out there! I'm letting someone else in the family shovel that!

My method is a leaf rake and a snow shovel. Makes thepicking up much easier. Rake upa batch, prop rake handle on my shoulder and rake a bactch onto the shovel, lift with left hand and hold the stuff with the rake in the other, dump in garpage can, garden cart, whatever. I only stoop over to pick up the big chunks.

Harry K