Thread: Spring cleaning

Spring cleaning

Does anyone do spring cleaning?

I don't do a full-on clean out in the spring. But the sunshine and the warmer weather do give me energy and make me motivated to do some cleaning. I like to flip the mattresses and throw open the windows, air everything out. I dust everything and even get the hose and attachments on the vacuum and do the corners and edges.

Now some years I've opened the windows and let the pollen in. Oops!

I do! I'm actually doing mine tomorrow. I've started some preparations today. I look forward to doing it though, and usually do a big deep clean once every 12 weeks or so. I cannot stand clutter.

The forecast for the weekend was my deciding factor. Nothing better than a clean house with open windows.

I do spring cleaning as well. I wanted to start this week but the weather is not cooperating with me. I think I am going to do mine in a week or two. I am going to make a to do list in the mean time.

It is batten down the hatches time. For the next few weeks I will tear everything apart, clean, sort and reassemble. Dirt doesn't stand a chance. It is a very long process, but I find if you systematically clean everything, everywhere, then when the heat of the summer arrives, it is just regular upkeep. Something about Spring's arrival that makes you want to greet it through clean sparkly windows. LOL I know...

I don't do too much for spring cleaning, but I do wash the windows and curtains! I try to deep clean on a regular basis throughout the year so there is less to do during the spring when I'd rather be outside anyway.

I spring clean and I winter, fall and summer clean too. I love opening up the house and letting the fresh air in and cleaning! I bleach the walls and scrub everything. I even take down the curtains and wash them. The rugs are shampooed and the furniture is cleaned too.

My shop vac broke! I am glad that it happened before I started my spring cleaning. The hubby wanted to start today but I told him I needed a shop vac before I would start!

Hamon
    Definitely i will try this.