Thread: Favorite Spring Time Foods

Favorite Spring Time Foods

In reading the info. on how to cook a roast, not only did it make my mouth water:licking:, but it got me to thinking. Sometimes you associate certain foods with different times of the year. For instance, in the winter I enjoy soups, Fall brings to mind crunchy apples, and Summer fresh fruits and vegetables. What is your favorite recipe and food for Spring? I really look forward to Corn Beef and Cabbage. What do you enjoy?

I don't really associate any food with spring time. We do start grilling out more often and make salads again (getting ready for summer). I don't like corned beef and cabbage at all, I always have ham and cabbage on St. Patty's Day.

I'm with Colbe on the corned beef and cabbage I associate fresh produce with spring as well as summer, but that's probably because of living in a southern climate.

I love to get berries, bananas and other things like that. This is the time of year where I like to have a nice cool, fresh and delicious fruit salad available at all times.

For me spring time means more salad - and more varied content in my salads. There is a greater choice of lettuces and sweet baby vegetables such as sweetcorn and carrots.

Strawberries!

I have a delicious recipe I make with a plain old devil's food cake mix and fresh strawberries. I make 4 thin layers and a whipped cream/cream cheese/white chocolate filling. I dump chocolate ganache over the top and put fresh strawberry halves on the top. It is so yummy!

I also think of chocolate peanut butter Easter eggs. I make them every year for Easter and I look forward to them. In fact, I am hating that Easter is so late this year, because I'm ready for some now.

Spring time for me is a lot of grilled food and fresh veggies! My family and I spend as much time as possible outdoors once the weather permits it. We grilled out twice this past weekend, it's just so much more fun than cooking in a kitchen.