Thread: Spring Chores

Spring Chores

How are the spring chores coming? We are able to keep up during the winter so that helps us, but I know many of you have much bigger jobs in the spring after the snow melts.

We've put down mulch and fertilizer as we do every spring and have to mow the grass again.

Well, I looked out in the pasture the other day, sighed, then tried to figure out realistically how long will it take to get things back in order. Unlimited amounts of branches to pick up, then need to drag/level out the pasture, once all that is done, try again at seeding. We have been rather dry - so the trick is to get the work done and the seeds down before the rain hits. On the positive side, the weeds are growing beautifully!

Not good at all! We started to clean up the yard but then we got more snow! Grrrrr.... I hate the snow. The snow covered up all the wood that we had just split and it covered up the twigs and branches that have fallen on the ground. Maybe this weekend we can get back out there and get some things done.