Thread: Creative Easter Baskets

Creative Easter Baskets

What are some interesting things you could use as an Easter Basket? I don't want to have to buy any unless I have to, I'd rather re-use something I already have.

I went to goodwill and got the baskets for fifty cents each. I knitted hats for all of the kids and got 1 very small chocolate bunny for each basket. Then I went to goodwill, got my daughter a stuffed horse and my son some goggles. Everything cleaned up nicely and the baskets look great.

That may work, I found some sand buckets, they may work too. I wonder how well they will paint up? They are kind of faded from the sun.

Sand buckets, Trick or Treat buckets, Goodwill or garage sale for cheap baskets. One year I did beach buckets that had "tipped" over and arranged everything on top of the table because it all wouldn't fit in the bucket. They thought it was the cutest thing!

That is a good plan. I found some discount summer sand buckets from last year. I just need some bubbles and treats and I am done for this year.

One year I got a plastic kiddie pool at the dollar store & filled it with grass, candy, & water toys. The Easter Bunny wrote the kids a letter about how great they'd been sharing all year and that he wanted to encourage it. Afterward, we emptied the pool, filled it with water, & the kids had a blast playing with their Easter toys.

And since the toys came from the dollar store, too, it saved me a ton of money & the kids had memories that summer that will last a lifetime.