Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letting someone else driving your car?

That's great Bird, you must be a skilled and trustable driver. I wouldn't mind to let you drive my car then. Seriously, if I had a truck, I might be more lenient on this thing.

Whenever I let someone borrow something I get paranoid. So letting a friend or family member drive my car is a no. Only if I am with them. Growing up I saw a family member let a boyfriend drive her car and he didn't bring it back looking so hot. It hard to say I would or could. If you have one mode of transportation having just anyone drive it is not wise.

Wouldn't want to take the wheel of anyone's car. Especially when their in the passenger's seat looking at your drive. One miss turn and it could wreck a relationship. As time passes my feelings might change.

As time passes my feelings might change.
    Yep, they probably will. I learned to drive initially when I was 11 years old and an aunt taught me to drive her car. I got my first car (10 year old Chevy with about 96k miles on it) when I was 16. Within a year, there came a time when I had occasion to loan that old Chevy to that aunt for the day. When I got it back, it had a transmision problem. Now I figured at the time it was something she did to it (I'm sure now it wasn't), but I sure never said that to anyone. A favorite aunt who had been so good to me all my life? I sure wasn't going to complain. But I never loaned my car to anyone else until I got married and taught my wife to drive.:laughing: And I still didn't loan any of my vehicles to anyone until I was in my 60s, but in my later years, I've loaned one to a neighbor, and loaned them to daughters and their husbands.:laughing: But I am pretty particular about loaning things.